Old 05-22-2020, 06:57 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by PA31 View Post
I think what drives it junior is WB FO pay isn’t that much less with better seniority than NB CA.
Even worse, a widebody FO is going to make more than a NB Captain -- especially 777FO and as of late a MD11FO.

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
They are now but were not when the CBA was ratified in 2015. General statement: I love when people compare 5 year old contracts to current contracts that used ours to pattern off of. Plus who cares about just the hourly rate lets look at the whole enchilada. Now don't get me wrong hourly rate is a portion of your compensation but its just a portion. I'm sure the company would be glad to pay us $15 more an hour than any other 757 rate if we are willing to give up the pension. Lets dig deeper. Look at the pattern as future contracts were negotiated off of our late 2014 ratified rates.

10 year Capt pay rate

AA- $287
UA- $279
FDX- $265

Now ask how long and at what longevity does one need to be at to hold those rates even pre covid-19 at UA, DL, and AA. As for UPS they went to a "it all pays the same model". That has its pros and cons also but is a realistic argument to say it may be the best with an operation like theirs which has a much more equally weighted wide body to narrow body count as compared to us at FedEx.
"An operations like theirs [UPS]" ..."much more equally weighted weight body to narrow body"

You don't know what you're talking about and you're trying to justify pay wages below industry standard! An operation that is almost exactly like FedEx's. How is it any different? It isn't.

New flash, FDX has a 30% ratio of NB to total jets and UPS has a 27% ratio. FDX has more NBs by only a 3% difference!

Originally Posted by opt0712 View Post
Exactly. There are many a local junior 75 CA sitting RA for $250+ an hour. What Major provides that opportunity under 3.5 years?
Delta and other airlines had Captains on MD88/90s ($248/hour) with less than two years on property! Yes, pre-COVID19 but that doesn't matter. Nobody compares compensation based on what years of longevity it takes by individual company! I don't know what the most junior 757 CAs were at the legacies but they weren't far off from the 2-year MD88/90 CAs.

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Ok. Let me make sure I understand you both. Are you actually saying that you're okay with pay rates for the same equipment that are well below the top industry rates because we have more pilots being paid at those rates? Or because a junior pilot can hold one of the seats paying those rates?
Bingo! I couldn't have said it better Adlerdriver. Noworkallplay, are you management? Seriously, you continue to talk down this profession and our worth.

FACT: FedEx's 757 pays below industry standard pay rates and total compensation as compared to our nearest competitor UPS and to DAL UAL AA when profit sharing and cash over the top is included.