Thread: Earnings call
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:32 AM
Conquistador27
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
how so? Is it so bad I’d like to pick up a trip on my days off to try to stay current and comfortable in the airplane? I agree that access to DOT on our work days would be absurd, but why not on our days off?

let the record show I’m not complaining, I feel incredibly lucky to be here, I’d just like to get in an airplane.

in the meantime all I can do is look longingly at the huge list of DOT flying I can’t touch
I’m not really sure why this needs to be said, but the reason you can’t touch DOT on your days off, on reserve, which, I don’t know every single airlines contract, but the ones I know you can’t do it there either, and by the way we couldn’t do it on the last contract either, is because there are limits to what airline pilots can fly, so if you pick up a four day on your fours days off, there isn’t a lot they can do with you on your six days of reserve.

Oh, and I’m a line holder that’s back to reserve. You guys were right all along, this 24hr LC living in base not doing anything all month is horrible. (Sarcasm)

You guys *****ing about not flying are probably the same guys that ***** about flying too much during busy times.