Old 05-23-2020, 06:28 AM
opt0712
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Even worse, a widebody FO is going to make more than a NB Captain -- especially 777FO and as of late a MD11FO.

"An operations like theirs [UPS]" ..."much more equally weighted weight body to narrow body"

You don't know what you're talking about and you're trying to justify pay wages below industry standard! An operation that is almost exactly like FedEx's. How is it any different? It isn't.

New flash, FDX has a 30% ratio of NB to total jets and UPS has a 27% ratio. FDX has more NBs by only a 3% difference!

Delta and other airlines had Captains on MD88/90s ($248/hour) with less than two years on property! Yes, pre-COVID19 but that doesn't matter. Nobody compares compensation based on what years of longevity it takes by individual company! I don't know what the most junior 757 CAs were at the legacies but they weren't far off from the 2-year MD88/90 CAs.

Bingo! I couldn't have said it better Adlerdriver. Noworkallplay, are you management? Seriously, you continue to talk down this profession and our worth.

FACT: FedEx's 757 pays below industry standard pay rates and total compensation as compared to our nearest competitor UPS and to DAL UAL AA when profit sharing and cash over the top is included.
I was saying the same thing as Boiler indicated. Also there were no sub 3.5 year CAs at any of the legacies unless they were management.