Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 PM
SSlow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: baller, shot caller

Even before the pandemic, the general trend of person to person contact had been trending downward. I finished college over a decade ago and even back then they were offering the "convenience" of online classes to get more people out of their brick and mortar structure. The business world is most definitely not a notable exception to this, and the cerveza virus pandemic has accelerated it that much.

I get the benefits of in-person contact for business transactions, no argument here. However it is completely asinine to think that business travel will return to 2019 levels at any point within the next decade. Companies and employees are evolving and figuring out how to survive in the current climate. I have posted about this before and usually someone (almost always employed by the big 3) interjects and states their case about how business travel will recover "because it's just not the same as meeting in-person." While it is true to an extent for some facets, there are clearly others that have fully adjusted to working remotely and won't be making a return to the office environment...ever.

Just look at Facebook...there are actively looking to hire remote workers up to half of their workforce could be working remotely in the near future. And the icing on the cake is that they won't have to pay as much since it will be outside of Silicon Valley.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/21/zuck...-remotely.html