Old 05-25-2020, 04:54 AM
OpMidClimax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by geosync View Post
I've worked in aerospace manufacturing on the floor as a technician which isn't possible working from home obviously. Now I work in aviation insurance and we're all working from home and haven't skipped a beat. There will be a huge HR problem coming down the pike here. The crap employees who f&+k off working from home will be the first ones to resist going back to the office. The good employees will rightfully say "I can do the same job at home and in fact i'm more productive. Plus, I'm not going to risk getting COVID on the train if I don't have to". HRs won't be able to let the good employees work from home and make the screw offs come to the office every day. Screw offs know how to play the victim card all too well. I'm not sure how they're going to handle that.

Not saying this affects business travel since those are usually the driven employees, mostly speaking to the WFH scene playing out here.
my one employer has already taken care of this. We signed an IT policy at the start of this. All computer actions are logged by a fancy new software. Efficiency reports are supplied to management. Policy already developed and several employees already disciplined.

Whether the at the office or away, problem children will always be problem children.