View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 11:47 AM
Downtime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2020

Originally Posted by dynap09 View Post
What? This has nothing to do with furloughs. These are folks who in many cases had quit their previous work. The goal is to get them a seniority number, even include them in some of the bailout payments, then even if furloughed they should be able to get unemployment which may be lengthened the way it was last time etc.

You realize that if you've quit your previous employer you do not get unemployment?

I just see this a courtesy to a group that might otherwise have ended up totally hosed (and will still end up pretty hosed given most left from higher seniority to lower). Am I missing something? Why does this mean there would be no furloughs?

That said, AA does seem to be doing a fair number of early outs compared to other airlines. This class would have been TRIVIAL to drop entirely to save some $$ by the company - they are def not "needed" at current staffing needs.

This no one got hired recently this is just training our last class. I think some people have latched onto this as proof we won’t furlough. We are 1328 over staffed for next summer but if you furloughed all 1300 half would need to be back within about a year to be ready for 2022 summer. If you just keep that demand static with 2021. Between early outs and regular retirements we lost over a 1000 pilots this year already. Add understaffing to the mix and well who knows.