View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:43 AM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by dada9898 View Post
Not whining,,, I just asked for thoughts (opinions) - not attacks or insults. Opinions are just that - not how it should be. Open dialogue - Agree to Disagree - Respect others. Things you obviously don't get.

A couple of premium pay 787 trips could possibly offset a job or two of a Gate Agent, a new hire FA, or a Line job. You see I think about other people and not just myself. So it could possibly be to the cost of another. Just not another pilot. It's not like we aren't well paid already.

Lastly, if the goal is to minimize cash burn - then minimize cash burn. But I'm only interested in two-way thoughtful, respectfull dialogue. So please excuse yourself from this one.

Thanks for the other thoughtful responses - I can see it from some of those points as well.
we are trying to make money flying cargo. If we cancel we get penalized which could wipe out an entire days worth of meager profits and on top of it we still have to get the cargo there.

that premium pay may hurt but it’s cheaper than the alternative. If you are worried about everyone’s job then don’t worry about how we are making money. If it is contractually compliant then bring it on.