View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 10:06 AM
Av8tr1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by DontLookDown View Post
Some are saying that millennials are the unluckiest generation in American History. Thinking about how many millennials are about to have their 3rd furlough I’m thinking they’re probably right.

www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/58E619CE-A10F-11EA-8E16-6909CF58D747
This has to be worthy of the most entitled post in the history of APC.

Let's break it down for you in the clueless seats.

No one forced you to fly airplanes for a living. There are (er were) plenty of jobs up until very recently (I will give you the jury is still out on how bad this is going to be. But.......NO ONE is standing in a bread line. In fact most of us who lost their jobs (I am one of them) are getting EXTRA money from the government on top of normal unemployment. I would be VERY surprised if any of the recently furloughed are now homeless. Maybe someone who made poor choices like buying a brand new expensive car with his sign on bonus as a "gift" for "making it to the regionals".

Now let's look at a little contrast in history.

Someone born in early 1900. First there is a world war. That generation that survived the war then came home to a worldwide plague that killed somewhere between 17 to 50 "MILLION". Then its the roaring (19) 20s. Best economy in history. 10 years go by and we have Black Tuesday Oct 29th 1929. The stock market crash is so bad people are afraid to walk down certain streets for fear of having a suicidal body fall on them from above. Thus begins the worst depression in world history. Millions lose homes and land that has been in their family for generations. Food shortages lead to breadlines. PEOPLE LOST EVERYTHING. Heck you couldn't even grow food in certain parts of the US. Read up on the "dustbowl". Californians think they have a drought now, they should read up on what happened during the 30s. Entire states are bankrupt. People were putting kids in the mail to send them to family members to survive. Or just abandoning them to orphanages in the middle of the night. How would you like to be 12 years old working in a West Virginia coal mine?

Those that made it through the great depression then had to deal with a homicidal maniac who tried to take over the world leading us into a 2nd world war. 70 - 85 "million" lost their lives in WW2. Millions of Jews were killed just because of the family they were born into. More millions killed by the Soviets, their OWN PEOPLE. Countless "jobs" were lost during the 40s.

How about the many generations of countless africans who were forced into slavery in the south at the beginning of this country. Sometimes forced into slavery by their own tribes. How many of those can trace their generations back to before the 1800s?

How about the generation that fought a civil war over those same slaves?

And entitled millennials want to cry into their $1000 Iphone X, while driving a toyota prius with a fin glued on the back, because "it improves horsepower", claiming on fakebook how their generation has it worse than anyone before them. Don't see anyone dying because they use an android over a iphone. The fact is millennials have experienced some of the greatest opportunities in the history of the world. Have access to the greatest technology, the greatest knowledge at their fingertips, the greatest support and the most potential in the history of well history. A private company is building spaceships to put a colony on Mars in the next 5 years FFS.

Millennials are like 5 year olds who are being forced to eat their broccoli, it's like the worst thing in the world to them. You think flipping burgers at McDonalds, where you have access to company healthcare is worse than being a 12 year old kid working in a coal mine to feed his family because dad died from the black lung.

Hey millennials, Stop facetiming your mother from the couch, put down the Ipad and the starbucks triple foam grande latti (i'm embarrassed I even know what the F that is) and pick up a history book FFS. Stop crying into your overly sugary fancy coffee. And drink a tall glass of perspective.

Sincerely,
Not old enough to be a "boomer".