View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 02:09 PM
SaintNick
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
I believe in shared sacrifice. If a member of my seniority list is going to lose their job, then we all feel the pain from number one to the bottom pilot. The cornerstone of trade unionism is shared gains and shared sacrifice. I agree that we should not concede that which must be negotiated back - but rather that which will come back on its own as demand is restored. For example a lower guarantee becomes irrelevant as customer demand returns. A pilot group that makes the choice to forgo open time while pilots are on furlough will help their company to forecast staffing needs absent the variable participation in the open time system. If open time can't be covered by reserves or junior manning, it must be time to recall. The pilot group should offer to provide furloughee healthcare. The company should offer furloughee travel for the duration of the furlough. These small gestures by the company and the pilots will foster unity among those who are recalled. Even then, expect that not all will come back. Some pilots who the company invested in training and onboarding will never return. They'll move on with life and do what they need to do to put food on the table.

They sacrifice 100% of their pay. Many will lose their homes. There will be divorces. Families uprooted and ripped apart. So, yes. I am willing to share in that pain to save even a single job.

Saying "full pay to the last day" means only one thing. You're pretty confident that you're senior enough to be safe and you don't want anybody to move your cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there is a huge difference in full pay till last day, and reduced hours at full pay.