View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:27 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post

They sacrifice 100% of their pay. Many will lose their homes. There will be divorces. Families uprooted and ripped apart. So, yes. I am willing to share in that pain to save even a single job.

Saying "full pay to the last day" means only one thing. You're pretty confident that you're senior enough to be safe and you don't want anybody to move your cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely see both sides. Unless nothing changes from pre-covid, there will always be someone left out in the rain or pain felt in some area. This is business after all bottom line and those with 20, 25, 30, 35 years of career have been on the roller coaster ride and know what companies do as they first chop your fingers off, then hands, then an arm, next arm and finally legs in concessionary measures or they do feel the right to squeeze the cheese nearing their retirement like the stock market ups and downs. Either way pain is spread around in some form or another and worse in many cases. Definitely honorable to fight collectively and take care of each other if at all possible, it just depends on how deep this drain goes and does anybody know. Not an advocate for either side by any means, but everyone knows this has never been a stable industry and if you thought different, you know now which personally which bites. I do not have even 15 years, but have watched for decades what a gamble it is. Hope everyone is able to keep everything intact, but you know what they say about hope... Just be glad the 65 benchmark doesn’t look to be moved to 70. Personally will quit earlier, but who knows and there was a lot of stagnation for that one alone.