View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 11:31 AM
blinkpilot182
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: B767 - Captain
Default Atlas / Southern

Originally Posted by weekendflyer View Post
What’s a typical schedule at atlas like? Are they all 17 day trips? How long can someone expect to be on reserve? Which a/c are new hires getting?
thanks in advance

Elevation hit the nail on the head. Schedules vary greatly fleet to fleet. On the 747 there is no such thing as a typical schedule. 767 tends to avoid schedule changes (unless you’re JFK based, but that won’t be on your radar for years). I personally can’t speak for the 737 or 777.

The 767 has more split lines than the 747. In both cases expect split lines to go senior. As far as the 767 goes split lines don’t reflect a typical regional or big 3 schedule. You’re still gonna do a chunk of time on the road. Usually it’s split something like 10 on take a break, then do the other 7ish days (this is a large generalization).

Reserve at Atlas is a different animal. On the 767 CA side reserve usually goes senior to very senior. 76 FOs tend to be able to hold reserve at most seniority levels. The preferred time slots with less probability of getting called out will go senior. I cannot speak for reserve on any other fleet.

Again to echo Elevation there is little predictability in which fleet you will get assigned. Based on recent staffing it seems they try to put lower time pilots on the 737, but if it’s well staffed and they need folks on another fleet, then you’re going where the need is.

Cliff Notes:
1. There is no typical schedule at Atlas.
2. Expect 17 day trips as a junior pilot.
3. Reserve largely goes senior.
4. No way to say with assurance which fleet you will get assigned.

Cheers,
-blink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by blinkpilot182; 06-02-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Spelling, & content.