View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 09:47 AM
THKooj
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
To start, I don't think I moved the goal posts at all. I understand that nursing homes are hit hard, but just because it is 50% doesn't somehow devalue the other 50% out there that died not in a nursing home.

Speaking of citing sources, here is one for you. Sweden basically thought like you did and had very minor limitations in place, compared to much of the world and its neighbors. Well, guess what, they now have one of the highest mortality rates int he world because of it and their chief epidemiologist said he would do it different next time.

So, you have made arguments that the we can't make the cure worse than the disease. So looking from an economic standpoint, you would think Sweden would at least be holding on strong financially since they really didn't shut anything down. Well, you would be wrong there as well. They are currently having their worst financial crisis since WWII. While this is due to many things, obviously, the point is that leaving things open didn't cause them to fair any better than anyone else, all while now suffering some of the highest fatality rates.

I won't go on much more about it, I will link to it for your reference.
Man Behind Sweden’s Controversial Virus Strategy Admits Mistakes Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb...e-things-wrong Copyright © BloombergQuint
Unfortunately you are wrong in many areas that you point out. I already said this thing would burn out this summer and that's exactly what is happening. Take a look at the CDC or any other number of sites that are compiling and publishing the data. The curve flattened and now is in a free fall drop. In addition, I have doctors and other medical personnel in my family. Their information has been exactly what I've been saying and is tracking right along with what I'm telling you. Take a look at epidemiology as a whole. The underlying premise is that you flatten the curve and then build herd immunity as we are now in this situation. Do a little more research before posting largely bogus information.