View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Privateer89
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

If you’re 60+ and don’t take it you will have to work 67 TFP just to hit break even and start making money....not factoring in NEC/PS. That’s hard to swallow.

I would love to see all those senior pilots take it and run. It’s best for all that remain, but I don’t hold it against them if they stay. I’ve flown with pilots who could financially have left before this offer and would’ve been just fine. For them I’m assuming that this is a no brainer to step out and any money that they get from the company is all bonus. Others are more financially pinched and feel the need to work as much as they can right up until retirement. I don’t envy them...they will probably work full time with no more than 87-89 TFP and make an extra 100K in wages and NEC. Maybe 150K if they manage to get some extra trips. They also don’t have to worry about getting gutted in a bankruptcy. I’m assuming those on the first wife will be gone and those on the third will still be here. There will be plenty of takers....SWA did a great job and hopefully this does negate the need for any furloughs.