View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Drum
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: 3+ hour sit in the ATL

Originally Posted by TheFREDguy View Post
Here's a question... So I just missed cutoff and am off to UNA sometime soon.... Have not gotten converted for July, thus I am still on 7ER in July, but recency expires 22 Jun. Filled out the 14 day availability. Now what? Does the company call me in just so I can be current for one month as my conversion date comes closer? Been 3 years in type so way over 500 hours. I am assuming they will grant me waiver for 30 days, which will put me into July, at which point I will probably be converted to UNA in August. Sound reasonable? Or should I expect a last minute call final week of July just prior to anticipated UNA conversion. Obviously all bets are off if company changes staffing needs. Thanks...hope everyone is doing ok, relatively speaking.
We are almost in the same spot. My guess is that they will not send us to do bounces and we'll flow to UNA as fragged in August. I talked to a planner. She said they are very much backlogged on the currency side WRT to the 7ER folks. My guess is priority assigned to those remaining on it from the MD. Then training the inbound displacements. She didn't say that, just that they were swamped with RECY stuff.

Now as to whether we get the 30 day extension. Probably. However, I don't know about you, but not having touched a jet in 120 days, I'm not ready to jump in and go rage around in the summer t-storms. If assigned a trip after my 90 day expiration and no training but with an extension to 120 days ---> I'm going to say something about that. It's my ticket after all, not the schedulers.