Thread: Guardian Flight
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 12:05 PM
KitCloudkicker
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by PC12911Flyer View Post
It’s funny how people are always the hero in their own story. I am not sure what your management was supposed to do with a bunch of hearsay from another company. Allowing a previous company to blackball an employee sounds like a good way to get sued if you
ask me.

By “attacked” I’d have to assume you mean a verbal altercation between employees otherwise, I’m not sure why the authorities were not contacted. It sounds like there were probably issues with this guy, but what can be proven and what your opinion of a given situation is are often not the same.

I am not sure how one “Captain Angry” makes an entire organization not supportive of their employees. But hey, you didn’t get what you wanted so it has to be someone else’s fault.
How do you get the idea that I believe I was somehow the hero in this. I had to leave a good job because of crappy management. That's a pretty good leap of logic you got there to suggest somehow I am suggesting I am the 'hero' here. I just had a guy who I couldn't work with, neither could anyone else, remember I wasn't the first to complain to management about him. After following the chain of command all the way up to corporate I didn't get the results I thought were appropriate I left. Costing the company the loss of a good pilot. And potential legal trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the nurses ends up filing a hostile work environment suit against the company.

Regarding blackballing, You're not a lawyer and neither am I. But I don't think a company can be held liable for "blackballing" someone if they are the recipient of the information not continuing to spread it. Perfectly acceptable for a company to not hire someone based on an unsubstantiated rumor. The liability is with the company spreading the unsubstantiated rumor not those that heard it. I have heard the company in question here has a reputation for ruining former employees reputations. "captain angry" I would think has a good case against the company. But I heard there was a settlement between the two in "captain angry' s" favor.

Regarding your statement about "one Captain Angry making a entire organization not supportive of their employees". It wasn't "One" person, not even that person. It was my base chief pilot ignoring the issue. My Assistant chief pilot ignoring the issue. My Chief Pilot ignoring the issue. And finally HR ignoring the issue and then demanding I place myself back in the bad situation because that was the easiest route to resolve the problem (spoiler alert it didn't fix anything given what happened after I left). I left out the CEO, by that time it was clear the company didn't support its people. If I have to go to the CEO to resolve something like this than clearly there is a problem with management. But otherwise that was nearly the entire chain of command above me. This was clear violations of the employee manual by "captain angry". According to the employee manual these were fireable offenses. "Captain angry did it not once, not twice, but to 5 different employees before he got fired. And it took him doing it to someone in senior management to get him fired. If that isn't a clear example of Guardian not caring I don't know what is.

Ironically I spoke with their COO Vicky about it and she said she would "investigate" but I certainly don't expect my job back. If I ever hear back from her it will likely be something like "we are changing our process based on feedback. Thank you for your feedback".

I stand by my statement that management will not support you if you work for Guardian. That isn't to say Guardian isn't a great job. It is and I miss my job there. But there are some knuckleheads there. Unfortunately they are in positions of management and don't expect them to have your back when the cards are not going your way.