Joined APC: Dec 2019
Position: B-58

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Nobody is denying that.
Now tell me why the difference between 1st and 2nd year pay is $120k
We’re all listening.
Unions.................

But i'll explain it in more detail because you appear to be challenged:

Ups doesn't pay well the first year as a probationary haze and a battle between management and the union. It has nothing to do with retention. There is essentially zero loss of pilots to other carriers. Essentially zero = 0 to 1 per year.

Atlas pays poorly overall due to issues outside this discussion. Atlas pays extremely poorly during training and afterwards caps you at 50 hrs to recoup the cost of the training and to attempt to manipulate your cost-benefit analysis. I.e. does it make sense to quit my regional job that pays XXXX dollars and then go to atlas for a "FREE" type rating, but then I only get XXXX-YYYY dollars, which is a net loss at some point.

But anyway, there is more to the equation, such as many atlas folks get picked up somewhere else....but also many atlas folks get stuck there forever. Never underestimate the un-hire-ability of the average socially awkward, chip-on-his-shoulder kid at atlas though...

Also don't take anything that I wrote as some kind of issue with atlas...i personally think the job is just as good as any other out there. I think the whiny snowflakes that work there just hype the BS..