View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 05:19 AM
ualgrizz
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 Left Seat

Consider learning to trade options. It's not easy, but doesn't take a rocket scientist either...although I happen to be one. If you can fly airplanes you can learn options. It really is a fascinating pastime. I wouldn't recommend the route that I took to learn the skill. I attend The OnlineTrading Academy. It's good stuff but extremely expensive. There are other avenues. If that kind of thing tickles your fancy, I suggest you read Michael Sincere's "Understanding Options". I try to read it yearly. You can get it on Amazon for 11 bucks or so. Great first read...there are many books on the subject but this one is easy. Chances are you are not going to be a millionaire, but you can put food on the table. It's nice to make a grand a week legging into an Iron Condor or what we traders affectionally call a "Rubber Ducky". You can trade options for as little as $2000. However, like anything, you have to practice, practice and more practice before ever putting you're hard earned cash into a trade.

Then learn to play an instrument. When I fly I hear a lot of fellas say, man I'd like to play the guitar. Like trading that is another fascinating pastime. Learning is endless and it takes dedication and practice.

Anyway, I am a UAL 2172er. It sucks to be furloughed...like a kick in the teeth. There is a lot you can do after you begin to peel back the onion.

Grizz