Thread: Cargo MOU
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 07:16 PM
Zman81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by flensr View Post
I didn't mention the pay rate for the cargo flights at all, so I couldn't say it "was not a win".

I also didn't and don't think the company was going to do anything about the grievances.

I DID attempt to summarize some of the issues causing angst over the MOU, without putting much of my personal opinion in there.

But since you seem to think you know what I think about the MOU, here's my opinion.

I voted for the MOU. I think it will help the company during the current crisis. While I would not support the hindsight agreement since I felt it was a "convenience give" to the company, I did support the cargo MOU for a wide variety of issues. I have a large personal "trust deficit" with the company, over more than just the big stack of grievances, but I did not consider this a valid reason to vote against the cargo MOU.

Also, I did directly contact my base reps to express my support for the cargo MOU, just as I contacted them to express my opposition to the hindsight deal.

There, that's my opinion, as opposed to my previous summary of some of the issues surrounding the MOU. Now you can feel free to try to pick apart my opinion. Just don't make up stuff and claim that it's what I do or do not think.

I apologize if you think I was picking your opinion apart. I did not mean to I just want to see every SWA pilot get through this in their current seat and spots. I hope we don’t see a second wave and I hope our economy doesn’t tank so all of us can get through this.