Old 06-19-2020, 07:33 PM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by Black Warrior View Post
I haven't seen many true deniers, but what I have seen is a rather large portion of the population who feels the response to Covid-19 will go down as a stain on American history and has been one of the most egregious abuses of government power a democracy has ever seen.

So, this time - you people who want to hide under your beds may feel free to do so. If MeeMaw, who is morbidly obese and has had emphysema for 10 years, doesn't want to die from a respiratory illness - she should probably stay home too. The rest of us have lives to live and families to feed.
Well said in my opinion.

As for the bolded, when I was called up for riot duty last week, I asked one of my national guard acquaintances about covid (he works in the medical field in civilian life.) And he said, “Oh it’s for real, don’t get me wrong, but if you’re young and healthy, don’t flip out about it.” I’m hard pressed to find anyone, agency or country that denies covid, its the *response* that varies.

Too much “you’re a science denier, anti science, anti vax, anti authority, anti this, anti that...” going around. A lot of interesting stuff to be learned and discussed civilly in the middle ground.