Thread: 401k management
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 09:04 AM
Humbleavi8t0r
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019

3 years ago I switched to the Roth 401k. I believe the fidelity website has a calculator to compare what is best for oneself. Have a small percentage in the brokerage link that is self managed.

Target date fund is pretty good if you dont want to actively manage. I have 15% in target date +5 to be a bit more aggressive longer towards retirement (2045 is my mandatory retirement, so target date fund of 2050 for myself.)

One reason I am sticking with Roth - One should consider where our tax bracket will be in the future and the current trillions of dollars recently added into the economy that has to be paid back.

Fidelity has a Delta Financial Advisor/trader that works specifically with us. They are your best source for free financial advise.

Books on investing.
My favorite is "The Elements Of Investing" by Burton Malkiel. This is a simple to understand book. Talks about broad based index funds.
"The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Grahm. A guide on value investing. Most importantly, the author also describes the psychology of investing. Very long book. Nice for commuting.