View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 08:07 AM
Av8tr1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
Where did you get the impression that I dislike corporate pilots? I’m simply illustrating the difference in compensation. One industry uses a seniority system. The other does not.
I read your comments about corporate pilots as derogatory. Suggesting that a corporate pilot is beneath an airline pilot. Most corporate pilots I know really enjoy their jobs. Get paid a very good salary from the start and have a better schedule. I've never done corporate flying so I can only go by what I am told though.

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
This type of discussion appears every few years on APC. It’s a useless argument. The seniority system is here to stay. Choose your employer wisely.
So all the Pan Am pilots chose poorly? How about the delta pilots in the mid 90s and 2000s?

The industry needs a change. Clearly if this discussion comes up every few years its something that pilots want to see. A discussion might lead to positive change that has led to improvement all through out history. Every journey beings with a first step. Maybe if enough of us can come up with a solution it might take hold for the betterment of all pilots.