View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 06:40 AM
Bgood
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by RedOverWhite View Post
I'm thinking many of the 190's are already permanently parked they just haven't made it official.

Wouldn't be surprised to see displacements into the 320 AND the 220 come August, with 220 training dates that coincide with arrivals of airframes. OR, if we have to resort to involuntary actions, 41 190's are parked, that's a decent number of pilots.

As others have said, look at the current 190 flying to get a sense of what the remaining airframes might cover until they too are gone. I'm a RIC commuter and for July that's been swapped out to 1X daily on a 320. I expect that for a long time. I could even see some of the shuttle flights going to less frequency. Let's be honest, 12 flights a day to DCA with a little weather thrown in is a borderline disaster anyway.
Possibly, but let's not forget we are going to have only 8 scheduled A220 by end of 2021 (which is when we will pessimistically be back to full pre-covid schedule, says Robin). We don't want to pull down too aggressive then end up not having enough airplane to grab market share when the opportunity show it's head. Remember pre-COVID? Having to lease Airbus due to slow deliveries. Yes we can probably ask Airbus to change delivery schedule to bring on more 220s for 2021 but that will still take time if they can even do it. 1 for 1 still sounds better imo, and makes us more flexible to our current ever changing environment. But hey, if it makes money sense for them to drag them down early (mx cost on engine) then watevs