View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:33 AM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
Yes. First, this individual is already in process of being invited to interview. NJA has not rescinded invites for those in process, only delayed them.

Second, plenty of our new hires have 121 experience. NJA knows these pilots have a better chance at making it through training than those with mom and pop 91 or 135 carriers that have varying degrees of training intensity, standardization, and expectations. Our training pass and failure statistics cannot be ignored.

Sometimes when a question is posed to people on property, it is best when people on property provide an answer instead of people who have been gone longer than they were on property.
I never said they rescinded interview invites. I said that in the not so distant past, those with airline backgrounds have been scrutinized because a measurable percentage of those with prior 121 time, went back to 121, and that furloughed airline pilots would have a really hard chance at getting hired given the small amount that NJA is hiring. That is an undeniable fact.

To answer your final statement, if you want those on property to field questions, then answer them honestly and realistically. They were scoffing at hiring prior 121 pilots when I worked at NJA. You think NJA is going to hire currently furloughed airline pilots when they might hire 100 this year total? Get real.