View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 06:36 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

I did know of a captain who was afraid of the alien ships in the clouds. Don't know if he has retired yet.

But back to CP's. The only time I had issues with CPs was when they were wishy-washy and wouldn't make a decision. Because if they made a decision it might be wrong.
I knew some who were "jerks". But really, if you did what you were supposed to do they left you alone. If you showed up to work wearing a goatee or were caught wearing a fleece jacket in the concourse yeah, he would jump your drawers. These usually were also the same CPs who would go to bat for you when someone was messing with you or you needed help. Anyone from ASA will remember JA. He was "rough around the edges". You didn't want him to catch you out of uniform. If you messed up he would chew your butt. But I also remember going to his office once. The door was closed and I was about to knock when I heard him yelling into his phone, "You don't (*&^ with my pilots. I'm the only one who *&^%'s with my pilots." I figured it could wait and came back later. That's the kind of CP he was. He would lay down his life for "his pilots".