View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 08:49 PM
Anson Harris

Originally Posted by AntiPeter View Post
I think you are correct. There have already been effective treatments for those severely ill in ICUs, like steroids. Ironically, steroids were rejected as a treatment the first few months of the pandemic. Fatally rates have gone way down, I assume at least partially because treatments have gotten significantly better.
Absolutely. Statements like "there is no treatment for covid" are now false. EVMS claims that their hospitalized fatality rate for covid is down to ~3%. There's no reason that we should see runaway deaths from covid infection in the future, unless we refuse to "listen to the science" (medicine, in this case). With steroids, anti-coagulants, and potential synthetic antibody therapy, there will be much better outcomes for covid in the present and near future.

I will make a prediction that a covid vaccine will be developed, but it will end up being used for high-risk populations only. One caveat is if it miraculously ends up becoming available within the next 6 months or so. If that happens, every government will go wild making it available to the entire population, at least initially. After the current hysteria subsides, covid vaccine will only be a thing for high-risk groups.