View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:27 AM
Knobcrk1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
The question is, what is YOUR Plan B? Because you obviously haven’t even started to TRY to refute the premise in the opening statement, that there is no certainty an effective immunization will EVER be developed, and even if one should be developed, that is unlikely to happen quickly and mass immunization programs - even before the rise of the antivax movement, still took decades to accomplish in even a single country and closer to a century worldwide.

That is the point of this whole thread. How long are YOU going to advocate a lockdown, waiting hopefully for an immunization that may be decades off if it ever comes at all. You may believe herd immunity to be a ‘pipe dream’ but it’s always worked before, or else none of us would be here because this is scarcely the first pandemic in history. But an immunization being developed in time to STOP a pandemic? That would be a first. I’m not saying that’s impossible but it seems really improbable based upon the historical record. So how long do you hold true to your theory of lockdown until we get a vaccine, if months and years pass and we DON’T get that vaccine? At what point do you abandon your ‘pipe dream’ that there will be a vaccine ready soon or that even if there was it could be distributed quickly and universally? Because the ‘pipe dream’ of herd immunity is an historical fact. The ‘pipe dream’ of a vaccine terminating a worldwide pandemic has yet to be seen.

You still haven’t answered our question. How do you intend to work on your herd immunity when in just 2 weeks of actual openings and riots the cases have exploded and hospitals are starting to get overwhelmed. What level of mass deaths is acceptable to you? That’s why I’m saying it’s a pipe dream. It’s almost like you guys don’t know what’s going on out there, turn on the TV. This isn’t the flu. Also for the hundredth time, I don’t care about the vaccine, I’ve told you over and over the most reasonable way to end this is what the officials are trying to do is to choke off the virus by wearing masks and social distancing. Now that the cats out of the bag and these measures are not being followed it will take a lot longer than it would have had we been responsible with the openings. You guys are destroying the economy by helping the prolonging. Other countries have stopped the infection rates.