View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 07:22 AM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by APCHCLIMB View Post
Sure. They just lost twenty years of longevity because there's no such things as furloughs. But it's okay because the tax payer is going to fit their medical/unemployment bill.
Nobody is saying that it is okay they just lost their jobs. Knock off the hyperbole. But as a Danish taxpayer, I am more than happy to help pay into the healthcare system, especially for those who have lost their jobs. The overwhelming majority of us are happy to do that and have no desire to return to an American style system (yes...return to an American style system). But we are not paying the unemployment bill, that is funded by the companies, unions, and the employees themselves. The government only steps in when a company goes bankrupt, and in Denmark that means shutting the doors for good, not reorganizing and handing out massive bonuses to the folks that ran the company into the ground. And don't let the American media fool you, our taxes may be high, but when factoring in healthcare and educational costs, I take home a higher percentage of my income here than I did in the States.

EDIT- The Norwegian pilots and cabin crew that were based in Denmark are getting their notification period pay handled by the government because Norwegian declared their Danish subsidiaries bankrupt. There is a lot of anger over that, especially because Norwegian is still alive and receiving government aid from the Norwegian government.