View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 04:34 PM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
What’s wrong with giving the opinion of “I’d take it if I was X years old”?

As a guy anticipating my WARN notification this week, it doesn’t matter one bit to me if an old hat wants to take the EO or not. I’m a QOL person, so if I was 60+, I think I would take it simply because I value time at home to do things I enjoy other than flying. But that’s me. I’m not 60+ and I’m not in anyone else’s situation other than my own.

Standing on the grass yelling for me to get off your lawn via a lecture with condescending words such as “news flash” isn’t going to help me understand why those eligible would or wouldn’t. It’s their choice to make either way, but you undercut the rationale to young guys by simply saying “you don’t understand” and saying all young guys are “pathetic”. Instead, explain it in an unemotional way so that young guys can understand. Painting us all with a wide brush because one guy on an anonymous forum said he didn’t want to fly with someone is a bit extreme.
Sure, I will explain it and I’m not even in the 60+ crowd, in-fact much younger. Those over 62 and at Delta most likely had a pension whipped out. They most likely went through the financial downturn and years of career stagnation. They didn’t have a big DC plan until late in their career. Just finally in the last 5 years they started to recoup some tiny portion of the losses. They finally were able to hold some sort of high paying Capt spot. All the young crowd acts like they always had 3-5 year upgrades, but that wasn’t the story for most of this 62+ crowds career. Now they are being asked to take a big pay cut for the last 3 years of their career and it’s labeled as an “early retirement” but in reality it’s an end of career pay cut. So if your not in the 62+ crowd you shouldn’t even cast your thoughts or vote because you have no clue if you would take it.

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 06-28-2020 at 04:47 PM.