View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 02:54 PM
bradthepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by CantTaxiToACS View Post
Ok, so to the boomers that may have been offended by this. Both my grandfathers served in the military. I’ve spoken to them both about this and they feel awful watching their grandkids take the brunt of this. They also didn’t throw the ol’ “greatest generation” trope at me either. Because it doesn’t apply.

Also, if we’re gonna go that route. Then what about the young fresh veterans off tours in the Middle East, who used the G.I. Bill to get through college and flight training. They just had the door slammed.

My long manifesto wasn’t “let the oldies die”. It was, let them just stay home and I’ll keep the world turning.
I'm neither boomer nor millennial, but I am genuinely curious: What, exactly, do you expect APC to do regarding your problem? The denizens of APC are powerless to effect the change you seek; they can only offer pity along with some healthy skepticism and a little mockery mixed in. Have you contacted your elected government officials? Perhaps you've taken other steps which may have some influence on bringing about the change you seek.

But if not - if all you've done is complain here on APC - then I have some bad news: your desired change won't ever happen.