View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 05:10 PM
CAirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Flying101 View Post
New.. came out this morning (part of the email)

Dear fellow team members,

As we navigate the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it’s imperative that we stay the course with our goals of bolstering liquidity, conserving cash and encouraging customers to travel.

Bolstering liquidity

We continue to make good progress to improve our liquidity, as evidenced last week with our raise of an additional $4.5 billion. We used $1 billion of the proceeds from these transactions to repay the recently arranged bridge term loan scheduled to mature in March 2021. Refinancing this loan means we won’t have any large non-aircraft debt obligations until 2022. Separately, we have signed a term sheet with the U.S. Department of the Treasury for a $4.75 billion loan under the CARES Act. We have to complete some legal work to reach a definitive credit agreement, but we expect to finalize that loan during the third quarter. Adding the expected CARES Act financing to our cash balance at the end of the second quarter results in liquidity of approximately $15 billion.

Conserving cash

We have also taken a number of steps to reduce costs and preserve cash. On the cost side, we removed more than $14.5 billion from our operating and capital budgets this year. This results in a positive trend on our cash burn rate, from more than $100 million per day in April to less than $35 million per day at the end of June. Our cash conservation is also helped by an improving trend in cash receipts: We saw approximately $11 million in cash receipts in April, $358 million in May and more than $1 billion in June. While that improvement is encouraging, it’s compared to an average of $4.2 billion each month during the same period in 2019, so we have a ways to go.
Thank you! $4.5 B loan? Wow!!!! That is incredibly encouraging.

I am confused though as to why I never received this email. I’ve gotten every single TC and other executive emails the last 2 months, but I see nothing in my company mail. Maybe it’s full? Lol. Probably should delete some stuff.