View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 07:09 AM
LAXLUVR
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Metrics

Originally Posted by duvie View Post
totally understandable to be on the skeptical side. However, I think one of the main differences is the uncertainty around the recovery. Some metrics are already back up to 100%, while others are lagging terribly. It is very hard to say what the economy will look like a year from now. I personally think this is what’s driving uncertainty for the company’s staffing projections.

2001 not only saw the terrorist attacks, but a fairly large bursting of the tech bubble, which put us in a recession. 2008 saw one of the biggest drops of the stock market in a century. I am not bullish per se, but while not likely, I don’t think a quick recovery is totally out of the question.
I'm wondering about the 100% metrics. I'm knee deep in my family's small businesses while on ESRL for the next few months. We have a four way split between local logistics, construction, manufacturing and hotels. This board has really good insight into travel and I can get a feel for the hotel segment based on some observations you guys make. Right now we can't find a travel indication for our hotels that shows anything but a 40% recovery in our locations (Northwestern New England and Upstate New York) that shows any hope for the next year. Just wondering since the majority of our guests come in by air for fall and winter foliage and skiing. Our logistics segment is holding steady, manufacturing is doing well with medical and construction is starting a recovery but travel is not a positive. Any positive you could share would assist and be appreciated. Thanks.