View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:05 AM
saab2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
How long are you thinking of taking one? I'm waiting to hear about a temp job I've been pursuing. If I get it, then I'll take a year. It's down to negotiations on a recurrent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm planning to bid on the full five year thing. But I will be surprised if I'm actually out even half of that. Frankly, a year might be optimistic.

I've been in aviation quite a while and am not a senior F/O and am older than many captains I fly with. I've been fiscally cheap for years (RJ lifestyle) and there are things I want to do while I still can. If something came along that I found satisfying and paid the bills I am OK with the idea that I might never come back, though I do plan on coming back. This is an amazing offer and amazing opportunity. Single, no kids and a desire to do other things for a while.

My plan is to travel, travel and then travel a bit more. I want to see places in the world we don't fly to and spend time without a schedule. And at some point get a job again. Maybe get the opportunity to upgrade here after a while. I'm done in less than 12 years regardless.