View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Raildriver
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: RC-12P Left seat

Off topic, but to respond to a lot of thinking I see of other services and people around, and some misunderstanding in this topic area.

Army Warrant Officers are fully fledged, get saluted officers. When promoted to CW2 are Commisioned Officers the same as "Real Officers". I personally am tired of Air Force Officers, senior enlisted, and general enlisted thinking I am a enlisted pilot. I am a CW4 up for CW5, I am a field grade officer and get ALL the privelages and responsibilities of such grade. We are not the same as other countries Warrant Officers. I am sick of correcting Air Force Chief, Senior, and Master sergeants as they walk right by me trying to decide what I am. It is called being a military professional and knowing what other services officers look like when you are co-deployed with them. Also, while a college education is not required to become a warrant officer, to be competitive off the street a BA or BS is pretty much needed. To make CW4, a BA or BS is essential and to be competitive for CW5, you better have a Masters.

Ok, rant off