View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 07:26 AM
rld1k
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by highfarfast View Post
I have communicated with MH on numerous occasions. In those communications it was obvious to me he was working in concert with Envoy to make sure everything was kosher with them. And why wouldn't he? He was an Envoy pilot. If he didn't, he'd be subject to personal retaliation from management. Now he's flowed to AA so still under that AAG microscope. The QT shutdown was a blindside to him just as much as it was to us. QT shutdown had nothing to do with Spot. You can blame COVID, or management retaliation, or even Trump if you want but it had absolutely nothing to do with "poor business practices" by MH.

The current QB situation... I can see how you'd go that direction since it was known Spot was on its way out. It's thin... and maybe that works for you if you have such a thin skin you need to go down that road. However, the value in QB is the sort feature which still works (I can't even remember if there was a charge for the bid app). AND there are other ways than using the apps for easy bid entry. So I don't see a lot of "poor business practices" here either.

Perhaps if we didn't have a union that told us "that's just the way it is" when asked about contractual issues you wouldn't get such accusations about weak or lazy union representation and we wouldn't be testing your thin skin.

In the mean time, MH just had the rug pulled out from under him on QT, QB, while not dead, is being limited somewhat, and he's junior enough at AA to be sweating furlough. He's definitely had a better impact on my QOL at The Envoy since I came on board than any single union member has so MH and his work gets my support. YOU? Nope. Not with comments like that.
MH has been making what, like 30k a month just on those apps for years? I don't think he'll be starving.