View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 07:47 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
For the record, thread title is misleading. QuickBid still sorts the lines and you can still use the script files there to automate inputting your bids on PC and Mac. Only the app methods are broken because you can't send keystrokes to apps on mobile devices.

Made nowhere close to that. People everywhere can choose to pay for convenience for all sorts of things but you're implying I am a bad person here because I recovered costs? I spent a lot of my time working on it. Had to teach myself to code. liteSabre at AA is $20 a month but I kept the price at $5 for QT so people could have lots of P2P options for trading.

Exactly. I understand that QB and QT are not protected by the contract and the union is not obligated to protect them. The contracts protect what the majority of crew members want from being taken away by the company at a whim. The company just proved that anything not in the contract WILL be taken away at a whim. So what is the answer? If crew members want something like QT, it needs to be in the contract.

So now you'll say, "But MH, why should the union have to fight to put your side business in their contract? Isn't that totally self serving?" To which, I would reply "Because unions fight for what their constituents want." I would then elaborate that QuickTrade by name should NOT be put into the contract, but the idea of it (a point and click interface for the ATTOT system) is what should be put into the contract. Envoy could then use QT to fulfill the contract until such point in time they develop one of their own or whatever else happens down the road. All that would matter is that crew members finally got a system that wasn't from the 60s anymore.

Until very recently Appropriations were not protected by the contract. People wanted them and the union negotiated a LOA and now it's in the contract. Do the crew members at Envoy want QT enough to put it in the contract? That is the question the union should be asking.

Thank you, this means a lot. All I ever wanted to do was help people make their work schedules better. And no one else was doing it.
Great post and glad you stopped by to give your thoughts. I agree 100% with that last paragraph about the benefit your software gave me far exceeds much else I’ve seen around here.

I will be trying the scripts this time around and hope it works. Good luck and be well.