View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 11:30 AM
pad39a
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by senecacaptain View Post
Yes sir understood. Sadly my pessimistic pilot personality tells me we have no vaccine until one is FDA approved and available for soccer moms at Walgreens and CVS. Until then, "trials" and "studies" etc etc are just that.
Agreed, also we’ll need more than hundreds of millions of doses if one does prove to be safe and effective. Hopefully if we get there flying vaccines around will keep the cargo guys busy for a while.

Switching gears:

Originally Posted by The Duke
Spoke with a bud who is a VP at a major here in the US who mentioned they are seeing a sharp drop off in future bookings and loads in the Fall at about 10% of 2019 totals.
Despite this being a clear sign of dire circumstances I’m guessing this was generally expected. It will be interesting to compare June-July-August in FL to April-May-June in NY and I suspect many who might consider traveling this fall are waiting to see how the next couple months progress.

Some of this summer’s travel was unexpected and booked on short notice, but I am having difficulty imagining us getting much higher than 25% of last year’s total daily pax numbers during fall/winter unless some miraculous and/or unforeseen event occurs. (No significant second wave this fall, fear levels subsiding after the first week of November, quick and effective treatment discovered, etc)