Thread: Republic news?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:14 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by NoValueAviator View Post
I genuinely have no idea, but I know my reaction was anxiety after having watched Republic kick Envoy out of NYC over the course of 6 months. Envoy had flushed 2-300 FO's down the NFE toilet in the classes leading up to this, too.

At least we'll always have DFW... right?
Yeah I suppose I could see getting nervous as well, forgot all about the NYC stunt and as far as DFW goes, nothing is off the table.
Originally Posted by buddies8 View Post
Envoy is a cancer to aag.
envoy is at the bottom of every aag list for flight assignments.
remember republic pays more for its pilots and aag covers the cost us a 6 percent guaranteed profit margin for republic.
you know how stupid aag and aa senior management are, they are talking about putting the IFE's back into to aircraft.
AAG owns 30% or so of Republic so they are not going to just let them die or languish. In terms of how we rank on the totem poll, we are the bottom but that is because we are cheap and a good backup plan if everything else goes south. Given we dont have to show a profit so to speak and that our budget is set in advance by AAG, we can cover things others won't. I still think it sucks, sure would be nice to have a decent bid packet once in awhile, especially given we are typically doing very well by all the metrics that matter.
Originally Posted by 1Taco View Post
It’s been that way ever since dougie took over.
Well as expected, DP's summer plan didn't work out very well and I would hope his time as CEO is coming to a close. Not that the next person in line wouldn't be the same way, but at least DP would be gone.