View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 03:59 PM
BusBoy88
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
I’m not at Atlas, I’ve never been at Atlas in any position. I was merely trying to figure out why this FO was hired. Even without the hidden failures there were red flags. I haven’t failed any training at all but I can understand why someone might. But this guy had too many too recently. Shouldn’t have been touched. I guess I’m scratching my head trying to figure it out. Maybe I need to get on APC more and see the under current. 🙄
As for the Colgan crash, I view this one as worse. This was initiated at 6,300’. Within seconds it was not recoverable. Colgan there were other issues- poor training (requiring a stall recovery within a specified altitude) fatigue, illness, lower altitude. This one... I’m just trying to wrap my head around why this guy was hired. Maybe it was a good thing he wasn’t in a full EMB-175.
Yes, it was a good thing he wasn't in a full EMB-175. But can you imagine the congressional investigations and hearings that would have been held had this been a passenger airplane with dozens or hundreds of fatalities. Unfortunately congress, the media, and the American public don't really care that much about this accident because it was just a cargo airplane with 3 people on board. The public scrutiny over this would have been absolutely crazy had it been a passenger plane.