View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
So very true...!

That steel frame is great insurance - forget about having to worry if your bags are going to fall apart on you in the middle of a 4-day . I'd spend $500+ on a bag if I had to, to avoid that nightmare. So call me fiscally irresponsible, TD
I haven't said spending money on a quality item is fiscally irresponsible. I'm saying an FO making 18-22k a year base who can barely pay rent, dues, uniform expenses, or buy food needs to get something that will get them by till they can afford more. Why not take that money and invest it? There's no reason for anyone to go into debt. Once in it's very hard to get out as most people don't change their spending habits. If you can control yourself on something like this, which qualifies as a major purchase, then you'd be amazed how much money you'll have in only a years time. I've almost managed to get enough together to buy a house in the area I want. I guess I just don't see why others wouldn't strive for the same. Regardless there's never a reason to carry money on a credit card. Don't care where you go you'll see it's the second worst thing to do financially. The first being making payments on a new car.

Last edited by ToiletDuck; 01-28-2008 at 09:46 PM.