View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:16 PM
schone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

ahh LGB.... so other people are having problems there too!

It's amazing that the controller we're thinking about is so well known, that even LOSAL right across are to the point where they have to prepare themselves incase LGB will decide to be p***y and not let you in.

I've had a chat with one of the controllers there and he said they don't understand it.... usually traffic goes in, traffic goes out.... nothing to it, but at LGB .... ahh thats special.

As for diverse traffic, runway configuration etc.... give me a BREAK! Go up to VNY and see how to fit a 172 behind a Kingair with a G5 behind the Cessna... It can be done and without the attitude.

I can see how downwind for 25L and traffic airplane over the 405/605 interchange can be a problem for 121 traffic landing on 30 (or downwind tfc on 25R for GA maneuvers), but c'mon! 350 days a year it's visual.... if they need some training on how to work with very low margins they can come to Minneapolis any day which does almost exactly the same thing with 100% 121 traffic.

I know we've had a few phone conversations with them over the years and the supervisors always had to apologize and explain that their people are overworked and short staffed..... maybe that's something for us to keep in mind while flying in/out of LGB.