Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 12:21 PM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Good evening everyone,

Wondering what the possible chance of an opening for FO program on the 135 looking like in the near future? Additionally, does Ameriflight still offer the program that would take a person I believe around 800 total time to IFR 135 PIC min, still around or have they discontinue due to the amount of people that have been furlough and looking to get job in the 135 ops?

Is there a way I could get my resume sent to the recruiter at the Ameriflight online jobs website or would it be good idea for me to stop by the base ops at PDX to chat with the station manager about pilot opportunity and drop the resume there?

Thanks for your tips.
There are a lot of candidates in the pipeline for First Officer positions. It's still possible to get hired as a First Officer, but we are hiring on a limited basis as our current FOs upgrade to Captain. Two new FOs started with us last Monday.
With the abundance of qualified Captain candidates, we're not hiring for the Accelerated Captain Program. We had been slowing that down before all of this and now even more so.

Absolutely! You can send your resume to [email protected] - that'll get to all of our pilot recruiters. Or you can email our Lead Pilot Recruiter directly.
Zeke Zietak, Lead Pilot Recruiter
Email - [email protected]
Phone - 818-823-5448
Prefers texts or calls.

I would not advise stopping by a base. All AMF facilities are closed to visitors until further notice as a COVID precaution. Additionally, the base managers are not involved in the hiring of pilots. They would hopefully get your resume to our recruiters, but better to send it directly.

Hope that helps!