View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:10 PM
senecacaptain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
If this is true it’d be a huge change to their past practices. I little over two years ago I know for a fact a couple of guys who’re basically turned down for exactly this reason. Manager acquaintance knew one of the pilot interviewers and checked up on a couple of guys who’d been shot down. Was told “off the record” that early on in the interview process prospective employees were specifically told NOT to use any prep services. Later they answered yes to the prep question. HR will never openly admit it because it could potentially open them up to lawsuits but yes, there is at least one person on the interview team who’s vehemently against interview preps. So maybe this has changed or maybe that particular person is no longer on the interview team. ..
Respectfully,

1. what does "early on in the interview process" mean. Was this from an HR rep at a job fair? I have heard no such thing, but then again maybe I am asleep at the wheel.

2. How is "prep" defined ? Hiring an outside company to prepare your composure/demeanor possibly indeed is prep. What about someone who sits in front of trusted friends, their spouse, and does numerous dry runs. He also reviews UPS history and studies recent investor reports. He gets asked "Did you do any prep". What is the answer.

Thank you