View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 05:57 AM
copy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

While I am happy it is getting addressed, and I am mostly ok with the LOA in general (minus the violation of the alpa policy manual for the process, and the shaft job to reserves but no credit caps), anyone who lived under the DR should have a healthy dose of skepticism about anything that would be good for the pilots that isn’t in writing. I mean, there’s a reason ALPA got voted in and why many voted on a subpar CBA — many said we had nothing to fall back on if things went south and so they just wanted to have a CBA in writing and didn’t feel comfortable holding out for more while unprotected. Policy by “accidental” email...etc. So, I’d say it was a glaring omission in the LOA, and if this scenario was discussed while crafting the LOA and settled via a handshake deal only back then, it should have been in writing then, not an after-the-fact email. If this wasn’t thought of during LOA 12 negotiations, then I sure hope that was a one time miss (that they luckily were able to fix after the fact, or so it appears).