View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck View Post
It's an extremely volatile stock so when day trading it's been a real blessing. So doing quite well thanks.
Good for you. I prefer investing to trading but thats me. I prefer to enjoy a life away from the markets and the computer and the newspaper and CNBC where I can make smart investments which grow on their own (38% last year BTW) with very little input from me and without having my mind on it 24 hours a day. But thats me.

I bet that post took you like 5hrs to type with being so crippled from flying the erj. haha. Why so cranky? Can't get any from your other hand? And weren't you just all mad and shaking your fist asking why I post if not to be constructive?
Maybe if you'd go ahead and read the entire post (and quote it if you're going to use that to accuse me of not being constructive) past the part where XJT stock was mentioned you would have found the constructive part. But you're right, the first sentence was a jab at you and not constructive to anyone else. But the other 15 or so sentences were of a constructive nature. I some people just see what we want to see.

And before you say something else stupid let it be noted that EVERYTHING is an investment. Also I can't seem to figure out why you keep asking about my XJT stock. I know you're rubbing those two IQ points up there together to try and take a jab at me but you do realize that's your company you're making fun of for the stock tumbling right? ANYTHING that draws funds from your account limits the earning potential that money could have. Like I said there's a reason why I have money and so many here seem to complain how they don't. I'm not saying I have a lot, but I am financially responsible and carry no balances on anything.
Gonna disagree with ya chief. Everything is NOT an investment. An investment is something I expect a return on. When I buy food I'm not buying it for some return down the road (except the dump I might take later). In fact, most consumables are NOT investments. They are the stuff you buy because you need it to live, do your job or be happy. If it makes you feel good to think of everything as an investment, then go nuts. Let me know how that due diligence goes on that bag of Doritos or the new pair of socks

As far as the stock price goes, I don't own any SO I DON'T GIVE A RIP! I was just getting a jab in at your poor investment decision. Nothing more. Listen, I don't really care what the price does, I'm not leaving here unless I get a better oppurtunity elsewhere or they shut the doors. As far as I am concerned any other regional would be a step down at this point and I don't have the PIC time or brown-nosing skills to go to a major yet. So the stock goes up, the stock goes down...whatever. I still get paid the same, enjoy the people I work with, have fun at work and get treated with some respect from one of the best managements in the business. What more can a guy ask for? I guess it wouldn't be terrible if people above me on the seniority list with a "chicken little" mentality started bailing but I don't see that happening. Most people here believe in the company so we'll either share in the success or ride this sucker in.

As far as spending $1k on Bose. Try earplugs they're free. As far as a bag goes just go to Marshalls and look at them with your own two eyes. Look for quality build. Sometimes items are simply overstocked and they have a whole pile for cheap. My quality Samsonite has held up like a champ and if I break it I get it replaced.
Or you could just buy something thats not gonna break on you unless you use it to suppress a bomb blast. Different ways to crack the same nut. I'm an ease of ownership guy. The less aggravation something causes me, be it a car, a piece of luggage or a woman, the better and the lack of aggravation is my dividend.

Last edited by freezingflyboy; 01-29-2008 at 02:08 PM.