WHACKMASTER , 07-26-2020 08:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off
WHACKMASTER
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2010
  • Position
    DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Quote: I haven’t driven an Elise but I have driven a 7. Fabulous car. In this genre of cars I have owned a 280Z, RX7, 90 Miata, a Cooper S, and a BRZ over the years. All great cars in their own right. Best performer of those; the BRZ. An Elise is not a good comparison. Not really a car you can drive every day nor would you want to or for great periods of time from every review I have read.
A new SS Camaro 1 LE can be had for under $45k. Rides nice in town. There is nothing in its league with that kind of performance. It will run with a Carrera 4S or a Cayman all day. Only a tick slower then a Cayman GT4. All the other cars I owned were what I expected. I walked away from the SS 1LE saying no way is that almost a 4000lb car. Completely shocked. Easiest of the cars I have driven to drive hard. Predictable and won’t bite you at the limit. Same chassis on the Cadillac ATS-V.
Respect! As a Lotus diehard I can’t find greater joy in driving than a lightweight car with telepathic feeling steering chucked into a twisty at 8/10+ the limit. THAT is driving bliss and the Miata certainly fits that bill. Plus it’s just plain got great lines.