View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 08:56 AM
avi8er
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by C2078 View Post
NJ is a good job, no doubt. Very good benefits, decent retirement contribution. But after 2 1/2 years at Brown, I kick myself in the arse for not applying sooner. As a third year FO I will make more than a topped out small cabin Captain, working 3-4 days less a month and being home much more. First 18 months was rough, no sugar coating, but I fly maybe 5-6 nights a month now. The ability to manipulate my schedule still surprises me to this day. I haven’t worked weekends in a few months. I could go on.. 12% DC, pension, etc, etc. And as far as the job itself is concerned, this job is infinitely easier.

For those considering NJ, unfortunately this virus situation has ravaged our industry, and if already at NJ, hold on to that job for dear life. After having been at NJ for 15+ years, I firmly believe the holy grail of pilot jobs are UPS and Fedex!
holy grail of pilot jobs AT THE MOMENT. there I corrected for you. It’s all timing. I am sure in 2010 those furloughed UPS pilots didn’t think so.