Thread: TSA Numbers
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 03:00 PM
bradthepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by itsmytime View Post
please. We were well on our way back in June, until the virus flared up again. Not knocking you, because you are just citing an article, but the doom predictions from various corners are ridiculous. Now if they mean 2.7 million exactly, I agree that could be possible, but we’ll see 2 million (which is enough for me to consider us back)well before 2024.
Trying really hard to keep this thread on track, I'm going to try to tie this off-topic idea (IATA numbers) back to the on-topic idea (TSA data) by sharing that they are really looking at two different things. TSA is passenger screening counts only and only considers passengers that pass through a TSA screening checkpoint (whether domestic or international). The IATA numbers are global numbers that consider passengers not being plagued by the TSA at any point. It is very feasible that they recover at different points.

A discussion around the IATA data that is available would be great - especially if it was in another thread so as to not run this one off topic and potentially into the lock zone as happened to the previous TSA data thread.