View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 06:59 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by Rap1404 View Post
Bullsh*t they are hiring furloughed pilots.
If they have (referring to Legacy) then good for them since there probably was some deep dive scrutiny going on. It’s a matter of what is good for the company longevity wise is just a guess and I have no substantiated input. Just ran into a former legacy cat hired by us during my Korea layover. He was all too happy to be back and that was the kicker. He was a recent hire at the legacy but had been with us prior to the debacle. Must have done well during his return interview and firmly declared he wasn’t departing the fix anytime soon and I am sure if he did, it would be for another box carrier which I would bet $ on. He mentioned, it was a great sigh of relief for him and his family. Definitely a plus as he was fully aware of our operation having that first hand experience. Just flew with a couple of Compass/Trans State folks on OE and one retired Navy P-3 driver, talk about perfect timing based on current events. I must say they were very sharp!!! Great guys with great attitudes.

OE Captains mentioned we are slam packed for awhile so grab a landing if/when you can. My pattern changed several times to accommodate OE.