View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 07:01 PM
Hank Kingsley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Power top

Originally Posted by BobZ View Post
You may insist on a Rx regimen but depending on location your MDs hands may be tied by political agendas.

Also when calling to get tested i was told no symptoms...no test. My thought at that requirement was WTF would I be calling to be tested if I wasnt sick?

Rx protocol was 5 day z-pack AB, plus steroid inhaler. And albuterol inhaler. Now go home and if symptoms become extreme go to ER.

Non Rx was to dose Vitamin C and zinc

It took 6 days to get test result that my symptoms already told me the result would be.

Earliest was fatigue, and a nusiance shortness of breath. Then came intense headaches for a couple of days followed by a cycling fever.....then i got tested..... and in the hours after the test the hammer fell.

It was like being a copd/emphysema patient. Intense feeling of suffocation no matter how hard you try to breathe. Had I not already had the inhalers i would have been a 911 caller.

Even with the inhalers In the ensuing 4-5 nights after the test i had the phone in hand at least 2x debating the 911 call. And being isolated i felt bad enough i wrote a note where my paperwork could be found for whoever found me.

My $0.02? Know and be aware of symptoms. At earliest sign of ANY symptoms get to urgent care for test. And get on meds. Had I waited even 1 day longer i wouldnt have had capacity to do so and would have been in ER.

idk what if any long term consequences are going to result from this. With breathing recovering ive slept most of last 2 days from fatigue. It is understandable to me how this virus can be so deadly for anybody with preexisting respiratory conditions.
Bob,
Glad you feel better, but as I recall, you poopooed this as a cold a few weeks ago, Right?

Hank