View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 04:56 AM
727C47
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: C47 PIC/747-400 SIC

Originally Posted by C2078 View Post
With enormous respect to my 109 colleagues who suffered a completely unnecessary furlough, this job has been a very desirable and stable job for a long time. No job is full proof, but, as we have seen, Fedex and UPS have been the mantra of job security for a long time. You can make all the comments you want, barring a short period of time of “just because I can furlough to spite you” time, the facts speak for themselves.
hey brother I’m a freight dog at heart, my first decade in this thing of ours was spent behind the yoke of a DC3 flying with the night brigade, and during the furlough I was blessed with 2 747 types flying global ACMI with K4, UPS rocks it no doubt, but this little frac thing of ours has evolved to a point where it Is regarded as a necessity now, and not a luxury by our clients, post 2018 IBI this job has become quite enjoyable, Glad you are happy, but we are too, I will always be a freight dog , God bless you guys, a lot of my Kalitta peeps are now wearing Brown, plus you are keeping the 747-8 alive. Cheers !!!